This template is a slightly modified copy of the template initially created by one of the IPHost Network Monitor users, to monitor Citrix Presentation Server 4.
License compatibility: Professional 500 and higher.
The below monitors are included:
Citrix SMA Service (match monitor)
Print Spooler Service
Citrix XML Service
Citrix Print Manager
Symantec Endpoint Protection Service
Independent Management Architecture Service
ICA service (on TCP port 1494)
ICA service (on TCP port 2598, Session Reliability)
Note that IPHost Tech Support Team doesn't provide technical support nor maintenance for this template. However, you may find it useful to monitor your instance of Citrix Presentation Server v4, or corresponding version of Citrix XenApp.
Feel free to modify or extend this template as needed for your purposes (change conditions, add more monitors).
For instance, you may add the following monitors:
1. WMI monitors for generic performance values of Windows Server (sample WQL queries):
Select PercentProcessorTime from Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor where name='_total'
Select ProcessorQueueLength from Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_System
Select AvailableBytes, PagesPerSec from Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Memory
Select CurrentUsage from Win32_PageFileUsage
2. WMI monitors for XenApp performance (selecting performance counters from Win32_PerfFormattedData_MetaFrameXP_CitrixMetaFramePresentationServer class).
3. WMI monitors for generic web interface performance (sample WQL queries):
Select RequestsQueued from Win32_PerfFormattedData_ASPNET_ASPNET
Select RequestsRejected from Win32_PerfFormattedData_ASPNET_ASPNET
4. WMI monitors for Citrix license services availability. Check that the following Windows services are in Running status:
5. WMI monitors for Citrix license counters. Select values from Citrix_GT_License_Pool WMI class located in ROOT\CitrixLicensing namespace.
6. SNMP monitors for Citrix NetScaler.
Additional information can be found in the Citrix manual "Operations Guide: Monitoring".